Francesco Campanile is originally from Italy where he has been a licensed Italian Psychologist since 2013, and authorized to practice Psychotherapy since 2018. Having moved to Ottawa in 2021 he is now a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. This license is accepted by the majority of extended health benefits, check with your provider to be sure.
He is also in the process of seeking his license with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
His use of Interpersonal Psychoanalysis allows him to provide psychological consultation and psychotherapeutic treatments to individuals, families, and groups affected by a wide variety of mental health issues and illnesses.
Among these are the following:
- Anxiety disorders
- Behavioural and emotional misconducts / disorders
- Dissociation and dissociative disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- General psychological suffering
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Pervasive developmental disorders
- Suicidal thought
- Self-esteem issues
- Parenting skills
Francesco Campanile's Education and Experience
Francesco has the following qualifications and licenses:
- 2022 - Registered with the College of Psychotherapists in Ontario
- 2018 - Obtained authorisation to practice Psychotherapy in Italy
- 2018 - completed a 4 year Specialisation Diploma in Interpersonal Psychoanalytic Oriented Psychotherapy at the "Harry Stack Sullivan" Institute of Analytical Psychotherapy in Florence, Italy
- 2013 - Licensed as a Psychologist in Italy with the Board of Psychologist of the Campania Region
- 2011 - Graduated with an MSc in Clinical Psychology following 2 years of study at Gabriele D’Annunzio University in Chieti, Italy
- 2007 - Graduated with a BSc in Psychological Sciences on completion of 3 years at Gabriele D’Annunzio University in Chieti, Italy
He worked in Naples, Italy, both in private practice and for a rehabilitation centre for minors. During this time he gained experience with a great variety of patients of all ages who were affected by diverse mental health issues.
Francesco’s services can be provided both in English and Italian.
The main objective of Interpersonal Psychoanalytic Treatment is to foster a change. This is done by guiding the patient to an improved understanding and awareness of their unconscious experiences and perceptions of themselves and others.
Francesco Campanile makes use of the free association method in which the role of the therapist is to recognize unconscious elements, mostly thoughts, feelings, emotions and perceptions, that emerge during the sessions and, successively, to validate them with the patient.
In his work with patients Francesco is committed to high ethical standards and professionalism. He believes in building strong therapeutic alliances with patients who value a welcoming and empathic setting.
Therapy with Francesco Campanile
The first step to therapy with Francesco is to book either book a brief phone call with him or send him an email to email@example.com outlining your interest and the reasons you wish to consult with him.
This is to ensure that you are both a good fit and that he can assist you with your needs.
Following this, there will be two 50 minute Assessment sessions, preferably booked within the same week. These sessions allow Francesco Campanile to get to know you, your history, your needs and what you are seeking from therapy. Together you will put together a treatment plan.
The vast majority of Francesco’s treatments come to an end by common agreement between him and the patient. The decision that treatment is complete is based upon the achieved objectives and the patient's satisfaction level.
“I want to emphasise that among the several tasks of my treatments, the main one is to make the patient independent from both the treatment and myself. In this way, the end of therapy is often felt as a natural evolution of the journey that the patient and I started together.”
To find out more you are welcome to book a free initial phone call with Francesco or send him an email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether his services and approach are a good fit for your needs.
You can also obtain more information regarding the Interpersonal Psychoanalytic approach by visiting Francesco's personal website or contacting him at (613) 407-6943.