Naturopathic Doctor, Kaylee Alton, has been in practice since 2012. She has a focus on men and women with chronic and complex digestive health cases and women’s hormone health.
Dr. Kaylee's Main Areas of Focus:
This includes IBS, SIBO, IBD, bloating, gas, persistent nausea, acid-reflux, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, parasites, fungal or mold or mycotoxins or viral infections
Dermatitis, Eczema, Psoriasis
PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, Period Pain, Period Irregularity, Weight Gain, Difficulty with Sleep, Anxiety, Low-Mood, Thyroid concerns, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Hypothyroidism, Pre-Conception Care
Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, Brain Fog, Aging Well, Peri-menopause and hormones in your 40s and early 50s
What to expect from Dr. Kaylee Alton
You can expect Dr. Kaylee to work collaboratively with you and your family physician and other allied healthcare providers.
Dr. Kaylee Alton’s approach begins with a thorough health interview, followed by lab testing and Evidence Informed Treatments, diet and nutrition, lifestyle support, Bio-identical Hormone Replacement therapy, vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements, and naturopathic education.
Dr. Kaylee Alton says:
I believe that understanding drives action. My goal to help you learn more about how your treatments, lifestyle choices and thoughts impact how your body works.
Once you have a better understanding of what your treatments are meant to do, it is easier to build new habits.
My aim for every patient, is to empower you to take charge of your health.
I know what its like to be run down, depleted and confused with what your body is trying to tell you. When I was working and studying at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto I used to have a digestive health issue that no physician or specialist could help me with.
I then saw a Naturopath. Their approach changed my life and helped me feel 10x better. I realised then, that understanding how daily choices impact my health so I was making educated decisions, was the lifestyle I wanted to live.
I found Naturopathic Medicine helped me rebuild my resilience in my health and mind. It gave me back my confidence in my body, with an evidence-informed approach.
You can go through life stressors and milestones, and keep your health intact.
Let me guide you to the health you want or didn’t know was possible. I provide lab testing, regular check ins, food and lifestyle changes, supplements and treatment support, feedback and encouragement to keep you on track.
You CAN get better. I am here to help.
Training and Education
- Undergraduate degree with honours in Physical Health and Education from the University of Toronto, with internships in family and sport medicine with Dr. James D. Carson, M.D., Dip. Sport Med., C.C.F.P. (SEM), F.C.F.P.
- Anatomy and neuro-pathobiology, for research for the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Anatomy at Toronto University, under Professor Cindy Mooreshead. She published research on neuroplasticity in the Journal of Stem Cells and Development. PMID: 19326969 DOI: 10.1089/scd.2008.0359
- In 2013, Dr. Kaylee completed another four years of graduate study at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto, which is one of the six schools in North America eligible to grant the designation of Naturopathic Doctor (N.D).
- Dr. Kaylee is registered in good standing with Therapeutics and Prescribing Authority through the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO), and is an active member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND), and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND).
Dr. Kaylee Alton, N.D has additional training as follows:
- Advanced training in PCOS, PMS and Peri-Menopause with Dr. Jordan Robertson, ND (2021-present)
- Advanced training in Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, SIBO and IBS, with Dr. Preet Kanghura, ND, (2018-present)
- Integrative Care of Colitis, Dr. Neal McKinney, ND, 2019
- Therapeutic Prescribing Rights, for Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy & Intramuscular Injections (2017)